Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Food food everywhere...

Hi All,

And I am back! :) Took a little longer than what was comtemplated for, courtesy my proxy server, which simply refused to connect to it.

Well, the latest in my life is FOOD, fodder for the hungry! Cooking was something which I wanted to do since quite sometime..

Chow Chow (Sounds Chinese nai, or is it my mind playing tricks?). I cook, I observe, I ask, and since Malaysians are food freaks, there is food all around me. I have conversations on food with people, carrying their lunch boxes, people eating out on weekends, some new joint which people tried out. And I am a spectator to all this :) Malaysians indeed EAT. For me, being a vegetarian, is a hurdle at times, but at other times, I am perfectly comfortable. You get into this sense of adaptation with people eating meat and fish and sea foods all the time. So dont be surprised if I have a word or two to contribute to such a talk! :) Cooking is something which I wanted to learn for sometime (A girl and doesnt know how to cook! Haw!). Well, making some nice food now-a-days, and managing to carry my lunch box each day too. :)) Was on fruits for some days, and would get back to it when I see a paunch growing, but otherwise I am perfect! :)

Realised that I dont like food as much as others do. People have this tongue which wants to tingle from time to time. They try out new places, new kinds of food, know what are the condiments that are put in it, comment on how is has been made, how delicious the same thing can taste at some other places, etc etc. It is, indeed, delightful to see folks actually having a great discussion on FOOD! :) Something which I dont think I would ever be able to do. For me, realised that food does take a back seat. As long I can make a decent meal, and I get home cooked food, I am a happy person.

But, I would have a hubby whose appetite is voracious (what a HOG! ;)) and whose palate is something I would love to satisfy. And I know I would learn to cook well. Well enough for us both to enjoy together.

And this just adds another items to my TBD (To-Be-Done) List. Eventually hoping that I would be able to complete atleast 10% of them! Have soo many! :) Guess I need to start someday soon.

And I would :)

Thats all for now. Continue catching me here..

Love,
Neha

1 Comments:

Blogger ~Me said...

Hi !! :)

Kya chal raha hai?? hey, as usual, the writings n musings r too good !! :)..

Total masti chalu aahe, kaay?
take care,
~sumu.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home